Use it Up
I just found her blog a couple of months ago, but I did read it from the beginning to current. I loved the idea behind this challenge and therefore, I am issuing it to myself and any of you who’d like to try it too. Here are the specifications from Colleen:
Find at least 5 consumable items in your home that have been lingering on a shelf somewhere. My definition of consumable is something that can be depleted or worn out by use. Concentrate on choosing these items over similar items you prefer to use until they are all used up and no longer cluttering up your home.
Possible reasons for lingering
- didn’t live up to expectation
- for some reason you just stopped using it
- just have so many of a similar item to choose from
- bought a similar item you like better
- Something from a pass-time you don’t do so much any more
Items examples that might come under the term consumable
- Bottle of perfume
- Craft supply item
- Cleaning product
- Toiletries product (Shampoo, body wash, moisturiser etc)
- Food item
- Product samples”
I am excited to try this one out. I know I have a lot of consumable things that I am not using to their full potential and instead I just end up buying more, which is ridiculous. It costs me money and its hard on the environment, plus it just makes more stuff to store in my house! I am thinking of having a check-in on this challenge in 2 weeks on Jan 27th and a final review of it in 4 weeks on Feb 10th.
I think I’m going to mostly focus on items in my bathroom: mouthwash, soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion specifically. Please let me know if you are taking part and what you have decided to use up!
Photo courtesy of: Clean Wal-Mart
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- November 2016 Budget and Debt Results - December 5, 2016
- Online Income: $7,369 in October 2016 + My Thoughts on Job Boards - November 28, 2016
- How NOT to Save for Christmas - November 21, 2016