Shopping Ban Update & Approved Spending List
Hi all! I hope you had a great weekend. I sure did, though I might have broken my shopping ban already! (Depends on how you look at it I guess…)
On Friday was the 3rd Annual Crossfit Halloween Party at my local “box”. I went last year as a flapper and I spent close to $50 on my costume. In order to save money, I decided I would skip the party this year. But, I kept being asked if I was going and so at the absolute last-minute, I decided I’d go to the party after all. The only problem was I didn’t have a costume lined up, and costumes were required to attend the party.
So, after googling “last-minute Halloween costume ideas”, I came up with this:
In case you don’t know, it’s from one of my fave movies “Mean Girls”. I already had black heels, a purple bra, and a black skirt. The only things I had to acquire to complete my look were the blonde wig and a tank top (which I cut holes in). Here’s how my costume turned out:
Not perfect, but pretty good for only $6.47!
Anyhow, on to the list of clothing and accessory items I’m actually allowed to buy during my shopping ban.
- 3 Sports Bras – I need some new ones as my old ones are over 2 years old. They break down over time and it’s not a pretty sight when we do a lot of jumping… 🙂 I decided on 3 because I usually work out 3x/week and I do laundry every Saturday or Sunday, so 3 should get me through a week’s worth of workouts. This will be a 1 in 1 out purchase. (FYI – I already bought 2 of them this weekend, so I will only be buying 1 more for a total of 3.)
- 3-4 Regular Bras – Again, the ones I currently own are over 2 years old. Plus, I have lost some weight since then, so I need to be measured for new ones that fit properly.
- 1 Pair Workout Pants and 1 Pair Workout Capris – I am in need of one more pair of workout capris and one pair of workout pants. These just wear out over time and I don’t want to moon people with my old ones once they become see-through, haha.
- 1 Navy Jacker/Blazer – This would really complete a ton of outfits in my closet. I don’t want to spend more than about $40 max for this item though.
- 1 Pair Jeans – This is a maybe. A lot of my jeans are worn out. Other than the pair I just bought this month, I haven’t bought new jeans since 2012.
- 1 Pair Everyday Tennis Shoes – I usually buy 1 pair of tennis shoes/year for everyday use (this is in addition to the workout shoes I usually buy every 9-10 months). Once I get the new ones, I will downgrade my current pair to be “chore/work” shoes and throw my current “chore/work” shoes away.
- Jewelry from my party last week – As mentioned, I had already agreed (last year) to host a jewelry party. The party was last week and I will have to pay for a bit of tax and shipping to get my “free” jewelry. Other than this, I will not be buying any jewelry during the shopping ban.
Other than the items listed above, I will not be buying any clothing, shoes, or accessories during my shopping ban. The only other exception I will make is if something wears out or no longer fits during the ban (but I don’t anticipate that happening). If that does occur, I will post about it here before it happens and ask your opinion. (Thanks for the idea Michelle!)
Do you think my list of acceptable purchases is reasonable?
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes! - March 27, 2017
- Online Income: $9,789 in February 2017 + The EXACT Script I Use to Raise My Rates! - March 13, 2017
- February 2017 Budget and Debt Results - March 7, 2017