Shoeaholic No More Turns 1!
Wow! Not to sound cliche, but time sure has flown since I first started my blog December 23, 2013.
At the time, I had been reading personal finance blogs and decluttering/minimalism blogs for about 3 months and tracking all of my spending. I knew I wanted to start a blog to help me keep track of my journey to becoming debt and clutter free. I also knew I wanted to start my first budget January 1, 2014. So, I decided to start my blog a few days before that so I could work out any kinks and lay out some groundwork and initial information for the world (aka no one) to see.
After January 1st, I started being more active in the PF community and quickly had quite a following (or so I thought). Thus, I decided to move my site from a free blogspot blog to my self-hosted and owned site here.
I’m so proud of myself for continuing to keep up this lil blog and using it to help track my progress (and lack thereof) for 2014. I’m really excited to see what 2015 has in store for me.
But in the meantime here are a few of my favorites posts from Shoeaholic No More’s first year:
- How I Keep Grocery Costs at $125/month
- The 0% Interest Trap
- Facts About Me – where I first told you all my real name
- Online Income Report: October 2014 – this was my highest online income month so far
I don’t know if these are your faves, but they have the most views so far this year:
- How I Keep Grocery Costs at $125/month – we have this one in common 🙂
- I’ve Been Bad – Clothes I’ve Bought This Year (so far)
- Shopping Ban Update and Approved Spending List
- Updated Plan of Attack
- Shopping Ban Plan
I’m sensing a theme here, apparently you all like to live vicariously through my trials and tribulations with my shopping addiction. 🙂
We never know what the future may hold, but I hope mine has a place for me to continue working on my blog. I love the opportunity it gives me to express myself creatively and work on my writing skills. I LOVE writing and I’m so glad that people take the time to read it occasionally 🙂 I also hope I can announce on this blog someday that I’m debt free! Until that point, I’m hoping you stick around for my journey and help keep me on track.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a frugal New Year! (But don’t worry, I won’t be silent between now and the New Year. In fact, I have some pretty exciting 2015 goals to share with you all next week!)
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- The Truth About Why You’re Broke - February 21, 2017
- Online Income: $9,882 in January 2017 + How I Make Money With Advertising - February 13, 2017
- January 2017 Budget and Debt Results - February 6, 2017