October 2014 Results
October, what a month! Rather than getting CC#4 close to paid off, I ended up having to use it to pay for some necessary software for my new computer. This put the balance almost back up to when I started off the year 🙁 I’m still hoping to get it paid off this year, but we’ll see what happens. My entire snowball is no longer going toward it either because I diverted part of it to go toward CC#8 to make sure the 0% interest promotion for my new computer gets paid off in time.
November looks to be a good month. I have a fun girls weekend planned for this weekend, and other than that and Thanksgiving, it should be a fairly routine month. Plus, I’m going to try to pay “extra” toward my debt or EF each week. I think this will help me curb my spending habits and make additional progress on my debts with the income from my PT job and side hustles.
Here are my October 2014 results:
- Increase EF savings account to $1,000 – FAIL– I didn’t get it back up to $700 this past month. Hopefully I can increase it some more this month. I’m still hoping that by some miracle I can get it up to $1k by the end of the year.
- Demolish $7,500 worth of debt – FAIL – My debt total did decrease, but I don’t think there’s any possible way I’m going to make this goal.
- Clear out clutter. – PASSish – I haven’t really been decluttering like I was earlier in the year. But I did make some progress this past Saturday!
- Continue going to Crossfit (affiliate link) 3x/week – PASS – I made it 3x/week and sometimes 4x/week!
- More books, shoes and clothes out of my horde than new ones coming in. – PASSish – Still a net reduction of 13 books for the year.
- Find areas to scale back involvement so I have more free time at home – FAIL – If anything, I have less free time at home, but on the plus side some of my side hustles are now done from the comfort of my couch with my PJs (or yoga pants) on!
- Spend more time with family, friends and my pets! – PASS – Don’t ask me how I’m passing this goal (ok, it’s lack of sleep, but some very good times hanging out with friends on the weekends!)
9/30/2014 – $134,364.65 (including mortgage)
$17,481.83 (w/o mortgage)
10/31/2014 – $134,148.11 (including mortgage)
$17,477.07 (w/o mortgage)
Difference – -$216.54 including mortgage
-$4.76 w/o mortgage
9/30/2014 – $322.35
10/31/2014 – $428.70
Difference – $106.35 Increase
|Clothes and Hair||$39.12||$14.09||$25.03|
How did October treat you?
Photo courtesy of: Denis Collette
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- Can You Become a Millionaire by Switching to One Ply? - October 19, 2016
- My First AirBnb Experience - October 17, 2016
- Online Income: $8,050 in September 2016 + How I Save for Taxes - October 12, 2016