May 2014 Results
How the heck is 2014 almost half over? Here are my May 2014 results:
- Increase EF savings account to $1,000 – PASSish – My EF didn’t increase this month, it actually decreased by $1.58. I’m still considering this a success because if I hadn’t made extra contributions, it would have decreased much more due to my unexpected expenses this month.
- Demolish $7,500 worth of debt – PASSish – I didn’t quite make my monthly target of $653.87/month. I only paid off $481.29 in May, due to the credit card mistake I made at the end of April. This shortage pro-rated over the rest of the year changes my monthly target to $678.52/month in order to hit my goal of $7,500 for the year. I still think I can make it if I buckle down and work hard.
NO OVERDRAFT FEES!– PASS – I didn’t have any. No more updates on this goal until the end of year (unless something changes and I slip up).
- Clear out clutter. – PASS – I am holding my garage sale today and tomorrow to actually finish getting rid of the majority of the stuff from my “Thing Thursdays“. I also worked diligently on reducing my wardrobe. I will let you know next week how the garage sale went.
- Continue going to Crossfit (affiliate link) 3x/week – PASS – I made it 3x/week most of the month and made up for the short weeks by going 4x/week a couple of times!
- More books, shoes and clothes out of my horde than new ones coming in. – PASSish – Still a net reduction of 13 books for the year and again, I worked on reducing my wardrobe. I don’t think I added any new pieces to my clothing or accessories.
- Read 52 books in 2014, that averages to 1/week – FAIL – I’m falling farther behind. This just hasn’t been a priority like I thought it would be. I still want to read during my free time, but I usually end up reading some of my favorite blogs instead. I will be changing this goal, so stay tuned.
- Find areas to scale back involvement so I have more free time at home – FAIL – I STILL have nothing to say about this.
- Spend more time with family, friends and my pets! – FAIL – See #8 above.
4/30/2014 – $135,637.37 (including mortgage)
$17,704.19 (w/o mortgage)
5/31/2014 – $135,156.08 (including mortgage)
$17,431.84 (w/o mortgage)
Difference – -$481.29 including mortgage
-$272.35 w/o mortgage
4/30/2014 – $651.83
5/31/2014 – $650.25
Difference – $1.58 DECREASE
|Category||May (w/ leftovers)||Spent||Remaining|
|Clothes and Hair||$45.67||$42.81||$2.86|
How was your May?
Note: I finally took the plunge and added a Hire Me page on my header. If you are looking for a staff writer or general content writer feel free to shoot me an email. A full list of my services can be seen here.
Photo courtesy of: Wendell
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- November 2016 Budget and Debt Results - December 5, 2016
- Online Income: $7,369 in October 2016 + My Thoughts on Job Boards - November 28, 2016
- How NOT to Save for Christmas - November 21, 2016