I’m Super Weird
All these posts about how weird we are have been going around lately and I thought it’s time I chime in by sharing some of my own weird tendencies. (You can see Cat’s here and John’s here, just so y’all don’t think I’m the only weird one!) Now, you better be prepared because, as it turns out, I’m pretty darn weird! 😉
- I’ve told you all before about how I number my socks because I don’t like to wear two socks of different thicknesses, but I didn’t tell you the whole story. I am obsessed with socks! I’m almost never without socks on my feet. I even wear them while I’m sleeping. Whenever I put on my shoes to leave the house my socks have to be positioned just so, otherwise I have to take my shoe back off, adjust my sock and try again. Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to put my shoes on because my socks have to be just right. When I was a kid my parents teased me about it because I’d tell that my socks were “all weird” and I’d refuse to leave the house until they were “fixed”. Just as an aside, I have met one other person in my life who numbers their socks. It was a 50-year-old man who I sold a pair of boots to at my part-time job. Meeting someone else that obsessed with socks made my day!
- Whenever I close the store where I work for my part-time job, we can only use the left door when we leave the store. The front door is a set of double doors and you can actually enter and exit through either one, but for some reason we only use the left one. In fact, I make all the girls I close with use the same door. If one of them tries to tease me by using the other one I have to go back in and reset the alarm and go out again. I guess you could say I have some OCD tendencies.
- I love to color code things. I color code things that don’t need color-coded. Because of my color-coding habit, I own highlighters in about 15 colors.
- Some people don’t know how to read me when we first meet. I sometimes come off kind of mean. I don’t laugh at people’s jokes very often and during comedy movies I mostly smile while others are busting up laughing. If you get a smile that means I think something’s funny. About the only time I actually laugh is when someone is experiencing misfortune, like falling down or getting sent to jail in Monopoly. I’m not sure why, but I laugh at the worst times. Sometimes I write “haha” in my emails so people can tell I’m joking. In real life sometimes people can’t tell I’m joking because I do so with a straight face most of the time.
- I have an obsessive personality. Whenever I try something new I’m either obsessed with it or I hate it. There’s pretty much no in between for me.remain nightcore
- I can’t relax. Whenever I have to relax for a shot or to get adjusted at the Chiropractor’s office I can’t relax as much as they want me to. When I get ready to go to bed at night and I finally get my muscles relaxed it hurts. I’m a very uptight person and it physically hurts me to relax, especially the muscles in my upper back and shoulders.
- When I meet “famous” people in real life I get so nervous and shy. The first time I met John from Frugal Rules I was so nervous that I rambled on like an idiot. When I first spoke to Cat from Budget Blonde on the phone she had to make sure I hadn’t fainted because I forgot to say “hello” when she answered. One time I saw Bill Snyder just two tables down at the K-State Student Union and I froze while walking to my table.
- Ever since I got a flat tire earlier this year, I check to see how my tires look every time before I get in the car to go somewhere even if I’m only across town.
- I have a hard time giving up control and letting other people help me with things. I like things to be done “just so” and I’m kind of a control freak.
- I like to eat in my bed. I have a snack in bed almost every evening while I watch just a few minutes of TV. On the rare occasions that I have a glass of wine at home, I fill up my glass up pretty full because I don’t want to have to get up and refill my glass once I’ve sat down in bed.
I guess that’s enough for today. I can’t let you figure out all the things that make me weird at the same time. 🙂
What makes you weird?
Photo courtesy of: Micaela Go
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- National Women’s Money Week Announces Ambassadors - October 25, 2016
- Can You Become a Millionaire by Switching to One Ply? - October 19, 2016
- My First AirBnb Experience - October 17, 2016