How I get my Makeup for FREE!
Makeup is something that I put on everyday. Well, If I’m being honest, I put it on Monday through Friday every week for sure and
sometimes rarely on the weekends. Like I’ve talked about before, makeup and personal care can be VERY expensive! In fact, in my daily routine I use about $150 worth of products (or more depending on the day and occasion), and I estimated that I probably use about $600 of makeup in a year, which is quite costly when you’re living on a strict budget. Luckily, I get my makeup for FREE!
I don’t know if I’ve revealed this to any of you before, but in addition to my FT job, my PT job, my online side hustles, and everything else life throws my way, I sell Mary Kay.
Yes, yes I know you are now thinking of me as one of those pushy sales types, but I swear I’m not. I’ve been “in business” since April 2013 and in that time I’ve only held about 10 home parties.
Instead I’ve “worked my business” by simply asking women around me if they need anything, and surprisingly there have been a lot of “Yeses”. I’ve just taken the time to listen to their needs, tell them why I love MK makeup and skin care, and not pushed them to buy anything they don’t need (or anything at all really, I’m fine with their “Nos” too).
It’s pretty easy for me because I’m a people-person, plus I’ve been using the products for years so I know what ones I love and why. Being on a strict budget also makes it easy for me to understand when women tell me they can’t buy anything right now because it’s not in their budget. Plus, I try not to be MK all the time or make my friends feel pressured to “support my business” by buying things they don’t want or need.
I will never be one of those “top directors” in MK and I’m okay with that because it’s not my goal. I basically “work my business” in MK to get my makeup for free and make a small profit.
Now, I’m not trying to preach to you or convince you to sign up for selling MK, but here’s how I get my makeup for free:
- When you sign with MK you only have to order $225 wholesale every 11 months, and this is how you get your products at half off retail price.
- To save the other 50% on all the products I use, I make sure to sell enough products to my regular customers that I can use my profits to cover the cost of my makeup. This means that I never have to use money out of my budget to pay for these items.
MK is pretty saturated in my small, rural community, but even still I’ve found women who’ve never heard of the company before! By simply putting my name out there, ordering and distributing a few catalogs, and talking to be people in a genuine way, I’ve found a way to cut out a large personal care expense item from my monthly budget. I’d call that a win!
How much do you spend on makeup?
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- Money Fail: I Forgot to Cancel an Automatic Subscription - January 16, 2017
- Go from Solopreneur to Small Biz By Hiring Your First Team Member - January 9, 2017
- December 2016 Budget and Debt Results + 2016 Recap - January 2, 2017