August 2015 Results
Holy smokes I’m late with this post and I know it’s been super silent on the blog so far this week, but life has just been crazy.
As much as I love writing on this blog, sometimes life and paying the bills takes priority. Plus at the end of the day I know I’m not giving my best when I try to write a post for my blog when I’m falling asleep at my computer.
One of my favorite bloggers, Cat @ Budget Blonde, reminded me once that “It’s just a blog. It’s not the end of the world.” Although blogging is what pays my bills now, I do try to keep this in mind when I’m feeling stressed about things.
Anyway, back on topic, it’s time for me to reveal how I did with my August spending and my yearly goals.
- Increase emergency fund savings account to $1,500. – Pass-ish – I increased my emergency fund by $51.72 in August. This is less than my monthly target of $83.33, but I’m still hoping I can meet this goal.
- Demolish $5,000 worth of debt (principal). This works out to $416.67/month. ($5,000 goal includes mortgage debt pay down.) – Fail – I had a debt increase again this month. Ouch! I need to get my spending back under control. For some reason, I tend to do much better with my spending during the first half of the year and then it gets worse later on. 🙁
This also includes paying off my 0% interest promotion for my computer by October 2015.– DONE!
Paint and prep home office by April 13. (My birthday!) MUST BE USABLE BY THIS TIME!– DONE!
- Attend FinCon15 and pay for everything in cash! – Pass – I’m super excited to go to FinCon next week! Woot!!
Quit my full-time job by December 31,2015 to freelance full-time. (I may pick up some additional hours at my part-time job to help make ends meet for a while.)– Pass – I quit my PT job in June and I quit my full-time job effective July 31! Limit spending on clothing, shoes, and accessories to $500 for the whole year!– Fail – I’m not tracking this anymore. Get rid of more books throughout the year than I get. – Pass-ish? – I got rid of a ton of books in my garage sale. I have only gotten 2-3 new books this year.Even though I’d call this a pass, I’m not tracking it anymore.
7/31/2015 – $130,674.60 (including mortgage)
$15,935.61 (w/o mortgage)
8/30/2015 – $131,330.43 (including mortgage)
$16,809.03 (w/o mortgage)
Difference – +$655.83 including mortgage
+$873.42 w/o mortgage
7/31/2015 – $909.79
8/30/2015 – $961.51
Difference – $51.72 Increase
|Memorial for Friend's Death||$40.00||$40.00||-|
How was your August?
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- The Truth About Why You’re Broke - February 21, 2017
- Online Income: $9,882 in January 2017 + How I Make Money With Advertising - February 13, 2017
- January 2017 Budget and Debt Results - February 6, 2017