25 Ways to Bless Someone for Free This Holiday Season
‘Tis the season of giving to others less fortunate. Although I try my best to give back all year round, I know that giving back and blessing others is higher up on most people’s priority list this time of year, as it should be.
The holidays tend to make us feel more giving, but that can be difficult to embrace when you are living on a budget and trying to make every dollar count.
Luckily, blessing others doesn’t have to cost you a penny. Here are 25 ways you can bless someone this holiday season for free.
- Volunteer your time at a Senior Center or Homeless Shelter
- Volunteer your time at an animal shelter
- Help serve Meals on Wheels or meals at a soup kitchen for the needy
- Shovel snow for the elderly in your neighborhood
- Pet sit or house sit for a friend who’s travelling
- Babysit for a couple so they can have a date night
- Cook a meal for a family in need
- Donate items from your home that you are no longer using
- Go door-to-door to collect items for a coat drive, toy drive, or food drive
- Join Big Brothers, Big Sisters and help children in your community
- Donate food items you got for free with coupons, or things in your pantry you won’t use, to local food pantries
- Donate personal hygiene items to homeless shelters
- Assist an elderly or disabled person with getting their groceries to their car at the store
- Compliment everyone you see in a day
- Check in on elderly neighbors or family members during bad weather
- Run errands for an elderly neighbor or family member
- Give the gift of your company to someone who is lonely
- Help your spouse with household duties they usually perform
- Donate blood
- Bake and take treats to neighbors, family, friends, and co-workers
- Go on a walk and pick up trash
- Donate books, office supplies, magazines, etc. to schools or libraries
- Volunteer for school activities like sports events and academic events
- Fill an unwanted purse with snacks and personal care items. Next time you see a woman in need, give it to her.
- Loan money to an entrepreneur on Kiva. Loans start at $25 and as soon as you get your money back you can re-invest it into another loan or just put it back in your bank account.
You don’t have to spend money or bust your budget to bless someone this holiday season.
Can you think of any other ways to bless someone for free?
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- The Truth About Why You’re Broke - February 21, 2017
- Online Income: $9,882 in January 2017 + How I Make Money With Advertising - February 13, 2017
- January 2017 Budget and Debt Results - February 6, 2017