2014 Goals: Financial, Clutter and Otherwise
Although I am new to blogging, I can see how having some goals will help me in my journey to a debt and clutter free life. Therefore, I am setting some 2014 goals. I am calling them goals rather than resolutions because I have never stuck to resolutions very well. 🙂
- Increase savings account to $1,000
- Demolish $10,000 worth of debt (This goal may have to be revised throughout the year as I have no idea yet how quickly I will be paying off principle and how much interest I will be accruing each month)
- NO OVERDRAFT FEES! They are just dumb and if I’m following the budget I’ve laid out they should not occur.
- Clear out clutter (This may need to be more specific but I currently have no idea how to do that) This goal also includes using the 1 in 1 out rule thus not undoing my clutter progress each time new items come into my home.
- Continue going to Crossfit 3x/week
- Paleo 80/20 and eat down my non-Paleo food stores without replacement (except for the occasional treat of course 😉 )
- Loose weight and continue to tone-up
- Continue to NOT chew my fingernails (Yes I am a recently reformed fingernail biter)
- More books, shoes and clothes out of my horde than new ones coming in, this kinda goes along with #3 but I need to be focused on these items especially as they are a big issue for me
- Read 52 books in 2014, that averages to 1/week
- Find areas to scale back involvement so I have more free time at home
- Spend more time with family, friends and my pets!
I plan on revisiting these goals after 2-3 months to evaluate my progress and update or change them as needed. Some people don’t believe in changing their goals, however I do because what’s the point of having a goal that is too hard or too easy? The point of a goal is to make you stretch to reach it but to also be attainable.
On the clutter front, I worked on a project this weekend! I have caught the clutter bug and I am ready to rid myself of the material things that suck up so much space, time and energy. I can’t wait to show you all some results!
What are some of your 2014 goals?
Latest posts by Kayla (see all)
- Online Income: $9,789 in February 2017 + The EXACT Script I Use to Raise My Rates! - March 13, 2017
- February 2017 Budget and Debt Results - March 7, 2017
- 10 Things Losing Weight and Paying Off Debt Have in Common - February 28, 2017